Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)


im 39 weeks and 2cm dilated,im having back pain and i called my doctor they told me to go to the hospital.if she wants to put  me in can she just break my water without putting me on pitocin or anything?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 12:05 PM on Apr. 1, 2011 in Pregnancy

Answers (8)
  • yes

    Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:05 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

  • :) yes . . sometimes that will be enough to start the process! Good luck!

    Answer by ImaginationMama at 12:06 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

  • yep. they have a tool that looks like a crochet hook. They put it in there and pop the sack. I didn't have it done but lots of my friends have. Everyone says it didn't hurt.

    Answer by Liamsmom09 at 12:07 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

  • yep! good luck momma!!

    Answer by Lindsey624 at 12:09 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

  • Go to the hospital. Have the nurse break your water. You CAN refuse the inducing medication ya know. It's YOUR body and YOUR baby.

    Answer by vbruno at 12:13 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

  • Yep! Both times I had my water broke. With my first they tried to induce me and it didn't work so they just broke my water which immediatly threw me into labor. With my second she was in distress so they wanted her out quick so they broke my water. Good luck!!

    Answer by amber1330 at 12:17 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

  • Yes. Just keep in mind that once your water breaks, either naturally or artificially, they put you on a clock and tell you that you have to have the baby by a certain time. Sometimes breaking the water puts a woman into labor, sometimes it doesn't and pitocin is still needed. No way to know until it happens.

    Answer by DragonRiderMD at 12:25 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

  • not sure ask the ur doctor

    Answer by mommie_of02 at 1:50 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.