My 7 year old little girl is fantastic @ the WHINING game! we've try'd time out, having to write 5 sentences everytime she whines which @ times I stopped counting after 50 sentences! help how can we simmer the whining to a low!?????

tinabobina311

Asked by tinabobina311 at 12:26 PM on Apr. 1, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• When she whines don't say anything just go take her to her room and tell her when she is done she can come out, if she comes out and starts it up again, she goes back in her room. If there is anything I could change about raising my child is I would have been more consistent with everything. Good Luck - I don't envy you in the least - that is not a fun stage.
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 12:30 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• When she whines, you need to totally ignore her. Give her absolutely no reaction to it. she'll give up I guarantee it. It may not be immediately, bit if you stay consistent & totally ignore it as if you don't even hear her, she'll quit.
    ghostwriter777

Answer by ghostwriter777 at 12:30 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• ooops... *but* not bit :)
    ghostwriter777

Answer by ghostwriter777 at 12:31 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I send them right back to wherever they came from with the whine and tell them not to come back to me until they have found a better way to ask/tell me/etc.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 12:50 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• thanks for the advice all the comments seem to be the same; consistant ignoring! starting @ 3;45 today here we go! may the earthly powers of all mommas be with me!
    tinabobina311

Comment by tinabobina311 (original poster) at 12:58 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Sometimes I noticed they may not notice they are whining with my 2 I've done a comb. of whining right back at them, reminding them and coaching them on tone/pitch of voice, and straight up ignoring...
    They haven't been whiny lately... but I have noticed this stuff tends to go in and out in phases.
    Oh, if they get super whiny, snotty.... I start restricting TV shows... I've noticed that for MY kids... tween shows tend to up the snotty factor.
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 2:47 PM on Apr. 2, 2011