Can fellow moms give me info on getting their tubes tied?

I'm 26 years old with two children. My husband and I have talked and we are done having kids. I would like some advice from moms who have had this done please! I have looked it up on webmd but would like some more infomation! Thank you!!

tnmommy2010

Asked by tnmommy2010 at 12:37 PM on Apr. 1, 2011 in Pregnancy

• What do you want to know? I had mine done two years ago. Pretty happy with it overall. If you want to, add me and you can ask away. :)
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:41 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Is this procedure gonna be scheduled or will they already have you in there for a birth too?? (
    kkbird

Answer by kkbird at 12:41 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• It will be scheduled through my doctor if it is what we decide to do!
    tnmommy2010

Comment by tnmommy2010 (original poster) at 12:47 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I did it. But I was 40. I think you are way too young for a permanent procedure. What if something happened to one of your kids or your husband? My BIL had a vasectomy at 29. He ended up getting divorced and then remarried. It was something he always regretted.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:49 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I had it at 27 after my third child. Didn't have any complications. If both of you are happy with the two, I say go for it.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 12:53 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I have considered it after having my baby, but I am only 24 soon to be 25 so I am not sure if it is the route I want to take :/
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 12:53 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I had mine at 28.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:55 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• This is something I have concered. I have been on birth control for 4 years and I have had scares before and I do not want another child. We can not afford it and have little help with the two we have.
    tnmommy2010

Comment by tnmommy2010 (original poster) at 12:55 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I had mine done 4 years ago when my youngest, #5, was born. I can't tell you anything about the recovery since I was also recovering from labor/delivery, but I've read here & there that it's not bad. If you're unsure about it, is your DH willing to get snipped? A vasectomy is less pain, less intrusive, and less costly than a tubal. Mine was paid for in full though by my insurance since I had it done before leaving the hospital (It was MY choice, they didn't even tell me it was covered, they just covered it - very nice of them!). I do not regret having mine done, but like I said I had 5, plus I had a couple of health issues going on.
    Anonymous

• I had mine done @ 22 knowing I would later regret it- but it prevented my now ex from forcing another pregnancy. I *do* regret it. no lie. I want one more :(

Outside of that, it has affected my hormones terribly. I have extremely heavy periods (to the point of hemorrhage)... Oh, the things I could tell you. "PTLS" is very real, you should look it up.
    I had a lapperscopic procedure, and you can not even see scarring from it- the recovery was miserable though.

If anything, he should get snipped. Fewer health risks, simpler procedure, shorter recovery, cheaper, reversible- I was conceived after my father had his reversed.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 1:16 PM on Apr. 1, 2011