Should I go or stay home?

It is my fil's birthday and he works from home and I live next door. My hubby calls and saked me if I called and went over. I really do not want to go over, so should I wait for my son to come home to call or just call and make my son call later?By the way, I am definitely not going....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:39 PM on Apr. 1, 2011 in Relationships

• So if HUBBY can ask YOU to go over there.... WHY CANT HE CALL his dad and wish him a Happy Birthday??? like a 1minute call???? I'd call and just see him at dinner. No sense in you having to stop whatever your doing to go over there.... you gotta a dinner to get ready for... and see if son wants to go over for a few to say Happy B-day. depending on sons age ( have him make a b-day card for him)
    kkbird

Answer by kkbird at 1:02 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Wait till your son gets home and call
    annabelle092810

Answer by annabelle092810 at 12:41 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Why dont you want to go. You didnt really explain. You really should at least call, there is no excuse for not calling. If you dont want to talk for a long time you can say "Well, I have to let you go because I have food on the stove (or baby is crying or w/e). I just wanted to wish you happy birthday." Then have your son call or go over later. He especially should wish his Gradparent happy birthday!
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 12:42 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Do you not get along with your FIL?? If you do, I don't see a problem in calling or going over there? I mean, what is a 1/2 hour or so.

But, i think you said your all going out to dinner tonight, so you can say Happy Birthday tonight...but really, I don't know why you can't wish it to him before then.
    ItsJustMe1017

Answer by ItsJustMe1017 at 12:55 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• We are going out to dinner later that is why I do not want to go over. The part that gets to me is that my hubby will ask if I went over...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:44 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I'd probably suck it up and go over for 30 mins ... he lives next door!
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 12:47 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• JUST GO OVER THERE FOR A HOT MINUTE...
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 12:55 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Have your son call if you don't want to.
    jspenny2705

Answer by jspenny2705 at 1:33 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Why did you ask if your mind I already made up? Without knowing what your relationship is with your FIL, it's hard to answer. Assuming, since you're going out to dinner later, there doesn't seem to be a problem between you two. In that case, a phone call and/or quick visit with him shoudn't be an issue. However, if there is or have been problems beween you, then wait until your son comes home and call him together. If you choose not to go over, you need to explain to your husband, if he asks, your reasoning for doing so. His request is not unreasonable and neither is your decision unless there is more going on than you've indicated. Either way, do it out of respect for your husband and for your son's sake. Then later when you all go out to dinner, you'll have a better time.
    rosiemendo

Answer by rosiemendo at 2:11 PM on Apr. 1, 2011