Does having time to "relax" make you anxious?

Yesterday was my last day of work...I am now on leave until the baby is born. the whole point was for me to be able to relax, put my feet up, and get more sleep. (I have toxemia again)

However, I feel like I am forgetting things left and right because I am seriously not used to sitting still. I've done my homework, a load of laundry, breakfast, lunch, trash, and picked up the living room, but every time I sit down, I feel like there is something I should be doing.

I am so not used to this! Yikes! Does it get better?!

Mom-2-3-Girlz

Asked by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 12:42 PM on Apr. 1, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Nope. I always feel that way. I am a student and mother of a two year old. It is hard for me to sit still even after the house is clean, my homework is done, and everything on the to-do list is checked off. I cant even sit and play with my daughter some days because I get anxious feeling like I am choosing it over holding the house together. It makes no sense and is bad for you. If you find a cure then PM me with it! I understand. It wears you out!

amber710

Answer by amber710 at 12:46 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• yeah.. like i should be doing SOMETHING.. thank gosh for cafemom and the internet.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 12:44 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Yea because it make you think too much. Being busy is always good in my opinion.
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 12:45 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• yes it does.. it gets better... and easier. Right now you are so use to always being busy...and now that you have time to sit and relax your kinda lost!
    annabelle092810

Answer by annabelle092810 at 12:44 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• i went thru the same thing.. it took a little then i was like wow i could lay in this recliner forever lol
    kimsmith22

Answer by kimsmith22 at 1:42 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Yes, it gets better. I call that nervous energy.

Glo402813

Answer by Glo402813 at 3:14 AM on Apr. 4, 2011