My Dh won't talk to me about stuff I have on my mind. Its enough to keep me up at night and he sees no reason to discuss and gets mad.

I have had a problem that he can help me solve or help alleviate and he won't do it. He won't even discuss it with me. Any advice.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:52 PM on Apr. 1, 2011 in Relationships

• its called being a worry wart.. i live with it day to day.. he doesnt see things like i do and I am up at night thinking about them all the time.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 12:53 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Is this one subject in particular?

kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 1:00 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Is it something you NEED him to help you deal with, or just that his help would be nice? If you need him to take care of it, then you need to keep pushing until he will talk to you and work with you on it.

If it's just that you'd like him to help, but you can do it on your own or get someone else to help you, I'd just do that and leave it alone. Pushing him to help you with something that you don't really need him to help you with will only cause resentment, on both sides.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 1:02 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Men don't want to talk over problems, ruminate over then for days on end, and talk about them some more. Either fix the problem yourself, or decide that you're not going to torment this poor man anymore. Sorry if that sounds mean, but the only reason a man wouldn't want to help fix something for the woman he loves is that you have worn the issue out, or you don't listen when he does give you advice, or I'm sure there are other reasons that we know nothing about.
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 1:20 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Do you come at him in a way he considers whining, or nagging? Not saying that you do, however that aggravates men to no end, the whining and nagging, man I hate those two words! Does he already know what the problem is and then refuses to discuss it, or just doesn't want to hear the problem period? Maybe send it to him in an email?
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 1:31 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• If it's important than make him talk or at least listen. I'm kinda confused by this post honestly.
    jspenny2705

Answer by jspenny2705 at 1:32 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• he will lose you if he doesnt listen. maybe a third party can help crack the door.
    hotchocolatema1

Answer by hotchocolatema1 at 4:20 PM on Apr. 1, 2011