How can I have a baby shower.....

How can I have a baby shower when all my friends and family are all out of state and all are on budgets like us?

confusedagain

Asked by confusedagain at 1:01 PM on Apr. 1, 2011 in Pregnancy

• online gift registry and a video chat conference.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 1:02 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• No baby shower just send announcements when the baby is born with pics and they will prob send gifts.

If all your family is near the same area you could go stay at your moms or other families and have a shower in your home town.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 1:07 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• My friends organized a surprise online baby shower for me. Someone told me to read a blog but it was really a chat place and all my friends was there. It was really fun to talk to everyone. People knew where I was registered at and ordered gifts online and they was delivered to my door. People posted pictures of food and decorations while we chatted. We did little games. Then getting the packages in the mail was fun too :).
    LadyKiki

Answer by LadyKiki at 1:18 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Why don't you travel "home" to them?
    Otherwise, if they are spread out...I think a "meet the baby" party or blessing after the baby is born would be a great way to invite them to you and if they can't come, they will probably send something.

boomamma

Answer by boomamma at 2:10 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• You could fly home and have one. Believe it or not i threw a baby shower for my sister and spent 100 dollars and it came out great!! Fifty on the cake and fifty on the decorations. (The Dollar Tree will be your best friend)
    prissysayshi

Answer by prissysayshi at 2:40 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Thank you all for your answers. I believe we will try the online idea since I am on bed rest traveling is not an option
    confusedagain

Comment by confusedagain (original poster) at 9:58 PM on Apr. 3, 2011