Boppy vs. My Brest Friend

So my mom is going to get my a breastfeeding pillow, and I can't decide which brand. I have to decide today because she wants to order it before she loses her employee discount. I didn't use one the first time because I thought they were a crock, but I've since heard some of the issues I had breastfeeding my daughter could have been addresssed with it so since I want to try again this time, for longer, I am going to get one, any opinion would be great! Did you use a Brestfriend? Did you love your boppy? Loathe it? Whys would be especially appreciated! Thanks :)

LoveBuggsMommie

Asked by LoveBuggsMommie at 1:07 PM on Apr. 1, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• MBF is better for nursing but useless to do anything else with. Boppy can be used for other things.
    Anonymous

• I love my Boppy because it's great for feeding and sitting up baby. I never had a Breast Friend pillow though, so I can't really compare the two.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 1:14 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I used a boppy. i like it more because I felt like i could get more use out of it. After I stopped breastfeeding my dd slept in it for a long time, and used it to sit up and lay on the stomach
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 1:18 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Bobby all the way! Multiuse :)
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 2:10 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I LOVED my boppy. but its not for fat people :(......im an 18 and it barely fit but i kept it anyways for laying and propping baby up. MBF sucks worse..... and NOT easy to use without help. Regular flat pillows doubled under your arm work well too
    shortycmlb

Answer by shortycmlb at 2:34 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I didn't use my Boppy to BF (I didn't produce enough milk), but I did use it occasionally while feeding DD when she was smaller. Now, I use it to sit her up or have tummy time. I love it!! My cover comes with a velcro strap, so it hold the smaller babies in.
    JustCantWait88

Answer by JustCantWait88 at 5:01 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• bobby, LOVED it. Its not just for breast feeding. It helps babies with belly time developing arm muscle and neck muscle tone, and helps them when learning to sit up in or just a prop to lay on the floor comfortable with, etc.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 7:27 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Boppy :)
    Lenore0708

Answer by Lenore0708 at 9:47 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Thanks everyone! I ordered a boppy, that way if it isn't super helpful for breastfeeding at least it's a tool to help my try longer/harder this time, and it will be useful after/for other things.
    LoveBuggsMommie

Comment by LoveBuggsMommie (original poster) at 11:54 PM on Apr. 2, 2011