Why is it when i correct my 8 year old

she says to my oldest can you believe her and i think your being mean. I am not being mean i am trying to correct her something her father refused to do and would baby her when she was little. but he was always harder on our oldest. i told both girls last night that no matter if i am correcting them i always love them but i cannot allow them to try to run over us or to behave the way they do sometimes. and that if i did not love them i would not correct or get onto them.

WildCat73

Asked by WildCat73 at 1:16 PM on Apr. 1, 2011 in General Parenting

• Welcome to parenthood. I'm amazed you are just now realizing we're the bad guys in their eyes. You honestly want them to take their punishment or being told "no" w/ a smile on their faces?! B/C that world does not exist! I'd just tell her to keep her nasty comments to herself or the punishment would be worse. She needs to punch & scream into a pillow like the rest of did! -lol *Hang in there mama, you still have the teen years to go! :p
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 1:21 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I yell, punish, take away toys and activities and if push comes to shove I wil spank on their bottom. (Save your comments if you don't belive in spanking ppl.) I always explain why I gave them a certain punishment and always tell them I will love them if they do something wrong or not. Your doing a good job correcting. You don't want others correcting your children so you should do it yourself.
    KoolMom617

Answer by KoolMom617 at 1:20 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• She's eight years old. She's bound to be mouthy in one way or another. She's trying to get under your skin.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:42 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Think back to when you were 8. Were you thankful everytime your parents corrected you, or did you get a little annoyed once in a while? Every child thinks thier parents are mean at some point...it's totally normal.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 2:01 PM on Apr. 1, 2011