TTC after Mirena

My husband and I wouhld really love to have a second baby, and I am planning on having my Mirena removed this Monday. I was wanting to if I should a wait a little while after it is removed before TTC. I have read all sorts of horror stories about miscarriages after the removal of the mirena. Can someone please clarifity this for me?

Thank You

tricky_mommy

Asked by tricky_mommy at 1:19 PM on Apr. 1, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• I had my mirena taken out march 22nd last year and concieved oct 1st. We weren't exactly trying, but not NOT trying if you know what I mean. I'm not sure if there is a good time to wait.. I think it all depends on how your body reacts and when your periods return to normal. We're having a very healthy and normal pregnancy so far! GL!
    bdflykisses

Answer by bdflykisses at 1:25 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• You can start TTC immediately after you have it removed. You should wait till you get one period before you start calculating and such tho. But you can get pregnant right after.

it took me and my ex 3 months to get pregnant after I had it removed.
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 1:26 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• from what i know it is different for everyone... for me it took me 3 weeks to get prego after having it taken out.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 1:40 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Well I had my MIrena taken out March 14th 2011...Given AF never left my side and always was thoughtful enough to keep giving me my regular periods, DH and I decided to go ahead and try right away. The miscarriages are probably a result of women who had a think lining not being thick enough for a fertilized egg to get sufficient nutrients. If AF was irregular for you or she completely disappeard while you were using it, then you might want to wait a couple of months before trying, just so you can build up a good lining and have accurate O dates. Ask your ob/gyn he/she can give you the best advice as far as time frame is concerned. SSBD!!!
    BurpleNurples

Answer by BurpleNurples at 7:39 PM on Apr. 2, 2011