Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So i have 2 different groups what they would do so now i am asking here......my 4 yr has heart problems and puemonia

on monday i took him to the dr since his ear was bleeding found out his tube was blocked and neeeds taken out got an appt on 4/4 with the surgeon. on wednesday he woke up coughing really bad by 1030 he was complaining that "his heart" was hurting and was having trouble breathing so i called the dr and got him in right away. while she was listening to him she noticed a heart murmur so she did an ekg it came out normal. but since he was still saying his heart hurt we were sent to xray. when we got back to the office she said he has puemoina and his heart was enlarged. she made an appt with a cardiologist for 4/13 and said that if he was having an pain that we couldnt control or really short of nreathe to take him to the er. well yesterday i took my youngest in for his well baby check and i got to talk to their regular dr about my oldest. she asked if they did and lab work or swab to determine what strand he had i said no. so she looked at his xrays and the radiologist final report and both said he had plerisy behind his heart pushing against that his heart isnt enlarged like the other dr said it was. well this am he is having pain that i cant control and he says he is having a hard time breathing but when i watch him he seems to be breathing ok. so i dont know what to do or think. i do have a call into the nurse but so far have waitied an hour. what would you ladies do

Answer Question
 
apoe

Asked by apoe at 1:19 PM on Apr. 1, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

Level 3 (17 Credits)
Answers (6)
  • take him to the ER. Or call the DR back and demand the nurse get on the phone with you!!!!! this is YOUR CHILD.... then I 'd find a new dr
    kkbird

    Answer by kkbird at 1:23 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

  • take him to the er!!! he's having heart issues and is very sick!
    dreamangel06

    Answer by dreamangel06 at 1:29 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

  • So, you declined a swab that would be able to pinpoint which antibiotic would kill the strain of pneumonia he has because???

    An x-ray would never show an enlarged heart as distinct from pluresy... soft tissue does not show up clearly on xrays. You'd need an mri or ultrasound to do that.

    Go back to the doctor, take a recorder or a pen and paper and actually write down what s/he says. Or, you could call and ask the assistant to go over the chart, so you can write it down. It's hard to hear when we're in panic mode, and even harder to recall things accurately when they include a lot of new technical information.
    LindaClement

    Answer by LindaClement at 1:29 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

  • I would go back to the doc, Pluerisy hurts when deep breaths are being taken. The heart itself has NO nerves, so it's not his heart that is hurting. Sounds like your son has a good case of Pluerisy and pnemonia. Keep the caridology appointment, an echocardiogram should be done. If you can't get him into his doc ASAP, then take him to ER so they can start breathing treaments to help. Also I agree that the docs need to swab him to find out which strain of pnemonia he has.
    Zakysmommy

    Answer by Zakysmommy at 1:56 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

  • thank for resonding. i got tired of waiting of the office to call back so i waited until noon and called his dr on her cell. she gave it to me back in aug when he was really bad and in icu. she met us at the er. they did a few new nebs and were going to do an echo but since he was bouncing off the walls from the nebs they are scheduling one more monday morning when they can put him under. the pluersiy is so bad along with the puemonia that his heart looks bigger but flater on the xrays.that is how it was explained to me. she did do some labs and swabs to see what strand he has since the dr on wednesday did not do any.i didnt decline them to be done on wednesday she never asked. he is now on 2 nebs, 2 antibotics, and steriods to get him feeling better. she is also having their home health nurse check on him a few times this weekend. they dont want to admit him just yet because of rsv on the floor.
    apoe

    Comment by apoe (original poster) at 3:10 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

  • I would be driving to the hospital with the best reputation I could drive to in a few hours time and be parked in their ER.
    hotelmom123

    Answer by hotelmom123 at 4:20 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN