Paxil.

Good? Bad? Effective? Side effects?
I know I can google it, I just would like real answers from real people! Thanks! :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:21 PM on Apr. 1, 2011 in Health

• Not all anti depressants work the same for everyone. That includes side effects as well. Id ask the Dr how much he's getting for every prescription he writes for it, because your Dr DOES get $$ for pushing the drug rep's drug of choice.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:24 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Y? R u taking it?
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 1:24 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• i used to take it years ago it always made me tired. and i always had a dry mouth eventually it started to not work. other then that i do not know others may have had had other symptons.
    WildCat73

Answer by WildCat73 at 1:25 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I am taking it for anxiety.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:30 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• My mom was awaken by a police officer because she had fallen asleep on the side of the freeway while on paxil. She would fall asleep at the strangest times.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 1:40 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I was on it years ago. Like vbruno said, every med. effects everyone diff. So def. something you might wanna discuss w/ your doc. I didn't like it, because it always made me feel one emotion, for the entire day. Super hyper one day, zombielike the next. I guess it did help w/ my anxiety because I was able to get a job and deal w/ people, which was super hard before, but the side effects just got to me. Now I realize that the dosage was prob. off, and had I stayed on and gotten the dosage adjusted, it prob. could've been a great thing for me, long term, but I took myself off. When I tried to go back on it later it made me horribly sick, so I stopped again. I hope that it truly does help you though!! Anxiety is horrible to deal w/ everyday!! Best of luck!!! :)
    HappyEndings

Answer by HappyEndings at 1:43 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I was on it before I git pregnant with my second dd. It worked great for me, very little side effects, dry mouth mainly, but that went away after a couple months. Now, I got pregnant while I was on it, the docs and I decided I needed to get off of it immediately, so I started cutting it down. THE WITHDRAWLS WERE TERRIBLE!!! Crying, shaking, couldn't sleep, throwing up, dizziness...it was bad!!! Just do your research, and work with your doc. Good luck!!
    addynbellasmom

Answer by addynbellasmom at 1:43 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• If you are taking it then you should have gotten all the info. Either from the doctor or a packet about it.
    Hatsumomo

Answer by Hatsumomo at 3:56 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I have been on Paxil before and I've experienced its common side effects such as insomnia, dry mouth, sweating, dizziness, nausea and fatigue. I asked my doctor to change my antidepressant. I've also read that Paxil may cause some harmful side effects such as birth defects and some heart problems. I've read that birth defects were the most complained about side effects in lawsuits against Paxil.

Josephine143

Answer by Josephine143 at 11:49 PM on Mar. 6, 2012