Licorice root, lemongrass, other herbs?

I'm curious why licorice root, lemongrass, etc. are off limits during pregnancy? I read that they were uterine stimulants, but besides that fact do they do any harm to the fetus if taken late in pregnancy? I sometimes like to have a cup of tea that has some of these "off-limit" herbs in it, and I was just curious if they harm the baby. (Because if they just send you into labor early, that's no prob. I'm full term. rofl)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:04 PM on Nov. 28, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I don't think they harm the baby, its just the risk of pre term labor. If you are full term, just ask your doctor to be sure... but i don't think it will harm you or baby.
    Klynn-whitlow

Answer by Klynn-whitlow at 11:09 PM on Nov. 28, 2008