Grr Mother in Law issues

My mother in law Carol is not the greatest mother in law i think. She was married to her husband Perry and had my husband and his older brother and lost a baby by miscarriage. He then cheated on her with a women at work, they divorced and she became annoying.
she calls like 4times a day and if we are not home and she called like 4times on the house phone, she immediately calls my husbands cell. She can't babysit our sons because she can't handle them.
but today she really drew the line for me. Ok for the last 5days i have been not feeling good, and the only thing that is letting me eat is pepto Bismal. well my husband got sick yesterday. well he told her. He went to work today after i told him if u are sick then stay home, the other person that works with him will do his work too, and go back on saturday which he has to work any way. He tells me know i am going to work. well wonderful mother in Law carol calls me around 8am and said did chris go into work. I said yes and he is not using any excuses for not doing his chores now either. she said well he is sick and worked on his feet all day he needs his rest. I then told her well how is it fair for me to be sick for 5days one day vomiting, and the next diarrhea but still have to take care of my kids, my kids i babysit for, go get a child from the school, take the van to get oil change, make supper, get kids ready for bed and all my other chores. But he gets to come home and sleep and not change a damn diaper, feed a kid, help me with dishes or put away his own clothes, or even take the garabage out. How is that fair.
i had morning sickness and the flu when i was prego with my second son, where was he, at work, where was he when he got home on the computer, who made my supper and our sons supper.
SO why should he get his beauty sleep, and i suffer with no sleep from him snoring, and not feeling the greatest myself.
Then she says i will talk to him and tell him he needs to help u, i told her don't bother because then he gets mad at me, and u told him once and he still has not stepped up.
I don't want to lose my husband or father of my sons, but with her i don't think we will last unless she backs off.
What do u all think

2boysyahoo.com

Asked by 2boysyahoo.com at 1:42 PM on Apr. 1, 2011 in Relationships

• i think you are both being petty.. let the small things slide and worry about the big issues.
    Anonymous

• i dont have mother in law issues.. my husband does but i dont.. but i bumped it for ya
    LindasueDa

Answer by LindasueDa at 1:46 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Your MIL needs t learn her place in her ADULT son's life. And that place I MY OPINION. is behind You, behind your kid's. I agree with you about the chores btw. We as Mom's dont ever get a break when sick or preggo and sick, why should he get a break just because he earns the $$?
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:46 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Ok so let me get this right? Your husband is sick and went to work, and you want him to do chores like a kid even though you stay home and dont work? And when he doesnt you tell his mommy?
    Grow up.
    Anonymous

• MILs will be MILs...
    jspenny2705

Answer by jspenny2705 at 1:53 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• forgive me.. but what makes her a not so good MIL ??? the fact that she "can't or won't" watch her grand kids to give you a break? Or that Nobody EVER THINKS about us moms b/c we are the energizer bunnies that keep going and going. LOL Or that she feels HER son should be on an Island if he gets a tummy ache.?? * Sorry you are Still NOT feeling well * it really does suck when you feel bad on top of the stress ..
    kkbird

Answer by kkbird at 1:53 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• To anonymouse- No his mommy called me. if he is as sick as he say he is then why in the hell did he go to work. Like my mother used to tell me if ur sick and didn't go to school, then ur not going out with ur friends later. Same thing, if ur sick and did go to work, does that give u an excuse not to do ur chores, because then ur not that sick after all. If he didn't go to work i wouldn't be so upset and care less. So there. I absoulty disapprove of ur comment. IF ur read the top she calls us like alot, i hate calling her, because she never wants to listen or nothing or brings up his ex's
    2boysyahoo.com

Comment by 2boysyahoo.com (original poster) at 1:56 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• sorry imo it sounds like the problem is you. you sound selfish and lazy. he should not have to come home and do "chors", get off your ass and do it.
    notjstasocermom

Answer by notjstasocermom at 1:57 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• WOW ANNON :::: Thats kind of BALLSY to say. Have you never been sick or felt crappy... needing to just vent alittle..... OH wait.... guess your life is awesomely clean and hiden by the annomo comments...........
    kkbird

Answer by kkbird at 1:59 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• i understand that i does bother you that your mil would be calling you on that about why her son is going to work sick when you can be home taking care of buisness when your sick but she does need to know that your husband is a grown man and can make his own decison... it shouldn't be a reason why you and your husband should or would be split apart cause that would be petty and foolish... i on the other don't have that issue with my in laws cause they know that there son is an adult with a family... they do give him advice and know it's up to him if he wants to take it or not... but they are very open ppl and tell it like it is which i love about them.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 2:01 PM on Apr. 1, 2011