Are Men big babies when it comes to being sick or we just that much stronger

Ok it seems like when men get sick it is like the end of the world, they can't help do simple chores like dishes, taking garbage out that is piled high and out of the garbage can, change cat litter, feed or take care of their children, but somehow sometimes they can manage to go to work for 8hrs but forget house hold chores.
But when us women and mothers get sick, we don't get rest because someone needs us for something, like to be fed, changed, help with potty, or even some play time. Then when they finally go down for a nap, u think ok nap time for me, but then u realize chores are behind from running errands or making phone calls, or even doing things with the kids. So then we do our chores as well, and only rest at bed time.
Does it really go to show that men are actual wimps or not as strong as they say they are and we really are stronger. Someone please tell me i am confused

2boysyahoo.com

Asked by 2boysyahoo.com at 1:52 PM on Apr. 1, 2011 in Relationships

• My man works even when sick. He just had a nasty stomach bug and was working. He is no baby.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 1:53 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Yes and Yes
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 1:53 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• i think its cause men dont get sick as often. my dh isnt as bad but he still a whiner.. but he takes care of me when i get sick so i dont complain lol.. but yeah they do seem weaker when they get sick
    LindasueDa

Answer by LindasueDa at 1:54 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• yes...we luv them anyway
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 1:55 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• LOL. My hubby admits that he's the BIGGEST baby when he's sick. lol. But I think it's a little of both. As mom's we are expected to be a bit stronger (labor)!! In my opinion anyway.
    HappyEndings

Answer by HappyEndings at 1:55 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• That's a good question because I hubby is a BIG baby when he gets sick. I think he just likes to be taken care. Which I do. He will go to work when he is sick, but when he gets home I get "baaaaabe I don't feel good" lol he takes good care of me when I am sick so I always return the favor :)
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 1:57 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• On the extremely rare case my husband does get sick (he has a very strong immune system), he is SICK. When I'm not feeling well, I leave chores for later or have my oldest two help me out even more. He will also take care of everything and allow me time to rest because he knows I need it.

So, your statement is just a generalization and stereotype of men. Not ALL men are "big babies" when it comes to being sick!
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 1:58 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• My DH wants someone to take care of him and love on him when he is sick, but that is ok by me cause I want the same deal when I don't feel well, we take care of each other when needed and it works for us, but I wouldn't say my DH is a whiner cause he rarely complains when he doesn't feel good but I can tell! he still tries to help around the house and still goes to work also.
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 2:03 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Yes on both accounts! Women rule- men drool! -lol *(Yes, I love my husb., but why is it they are permitted to lay in bed all day?! Can you imagine a mom being laid up ALL DAY ?! -unless we are half dead?! -lol
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 2:06 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Oh yeah lol...my husband just got the same cold I just got over and yesterday he was in bed acting like it was the end of the world. Where when I was sick, nothing got left off my schedule... he goes to work when he's sick but when he's home, it's a whole other story.
    jspenny2705

Answer by jspenny2705 at 2:09 PM on Apr. 1, 2011