How would you help?

How do I or we get our ds to understand baseball he gets it but when it comes down to doing it he freaks he second guesses himself no matter how much we encourage him.
Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:54 PM on Apr. 1, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• Play in the back yard. Without any pressure. He won't have to worry about making a mistake. My kids play in the back yard every single day. You can get bases, or just use a shoe. Make it fun.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:57 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• When I was a teen I taught my baby brother how to play baseball.(I played girls softball) I practice with him a boy kissing momlot. He was two to three. I went up close to him then I counted down slowly. 3,2,1 SWING. Soon enough he was tring to hit that ball with all his might and was having alot of fun. If he enjoys playing the sport then he will have fun and that's what really count.

Kimberly71682

Answer by Kimberly71682 at 5:52 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• This is how we found out our youngest needed glasses. He was so hesitant to play baseball and we could not figure it out. Finally we realized. Just FYI in case it might help.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 5:54 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Well at one time my youngest was the same way. He used to be timid in football at first. We supported him by getting him there and allowed the coaches to do their jobs.  Coaches as well as team mates will support him. Just get him there and step back.

rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 4:14 AM on Apr. 3, 2011