RUDE WIFE

OK ladies tell me if you think i'm rude to my husband or if i'm just getting in his business?

I hate when i'm home and i could be doing any thing around the house and the kids are playing and my husband is home then he's not. He just takes off with out saying any thing to me. I could be inside and think he's out side with the kids and he's not. I just ask if he could say hey i'm taking off be back what ever i dont even need to know where he's going or when he'll be back just ask to be kind and tell me your leaving. I know i wouldnt get away with it i would be a bad mom to the kids i did some thing like that. Then to top it off his one friend thinks its funny and makes jokes about it. Whats that just because he doesnt have a family to report to he can just get up and go. I dont say any thing when the dude does that what for. So am i rude or should i do it different? My husband knows it makes me mad and still.

butterflies78

Asked by butterflies78 at 2:00 PM on Apr. 1, 2011 in Relationships

• I think it's very rude and unsafe. If he left and you didn't know where he was going or when to expect him ... what if something happened? You would have no idea. AND when he's outside with the kids and he just leaves? I would like to know if someone was outside with my kids. AND I think it's just courteous to let someone know, especially your S/O when you leave the house.
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 2:03 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• It is called common courtesy. Your husband isn't doing it.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 2:03 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Seriously?? That is SO beyond disrespectful of you as his wife and partner but also to his children..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:04 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Yeah, him telling you when he is leaving would be nice.. if there is an emergency you NEED to know if he is close by or not.. a fire.. freaking out thinking he is in the house and he isnt even home! not okay..
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 2:04 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• i think if my husband goes anywhere i deserve to know where hes going.. its not getting in his business your married.. maybe you shoudl reverse the situation once when u know he has the kids and just take off for a few
    kimsmith22

Answer by kimsmith22 at 2:04 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I think he's rude for leaving without any kind of warning, that could be very dangerous for ur children. i'd definitely talk to him about your concerns.
    jspenny2705

Answer by jspenny2705 at 2:07 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• You are NOT rude. You are an adult with responsibilities & so is your DH. He should have the maturity and courtesy of letting you know if/when he is leaving. God forbid you had an accident in the house and sent the kids to get him for help. I would freak out if my DH did that. Even when he goes into the garage to work on his car, he will let me know & I do the same. He should also set a better example for the children to be responsible, dependable & a hard worker. Tell his friend to piss off & grow up & when he knows what he is talking about then he can have an opinion.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:07 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I don't know how that could be rude...

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:09 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• You aren't rude...but you should be....tell his buddy to zip it and tell hubby to find some manners.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 2:09 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• i would be pissed if my dh just left and didn't say anything. sorry but your dh does not respect you at all.
    notjstasocermom

Answer by notjstasocermom at 2:17 PM on Apr. 1, 2011