Low self esteem

whats little things i could do to boost my self esteem? i always look down on myself.. overweight, ugly too many stretch marks blah blah blah

kimsmith22

Asked by kimsmith22 at 2:02 PM on Apr. 1, 2011 in Health

• The PP has some good advice.

If there is a chance you are depressed, I would recommend at a minimum, exercising daily (even a little- will help with weight and MOOD) and getting out every day, even on the back porch. They are both good for your mood, and having a better mood will make you hate yourself less and be more able to do the stuff the PP mentioned. I came to that point myself independently, and being happier and then getting stuff done is a big help.

If you find you aren't able to or backslide too much, or it's way too overwhelming, even in small chunks, consider seeing your doctor for help. But it sounds like a lot of yours is physical, which doesn't bug me much. Nice clothes may help, plus healthy living.

Funnily, I find the people with lower self esteem I know to be really cool, interesting and empathetic and often wish the "high self-esteem" people were better at looking at themselves critically!
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 2:32 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Self esteem comes from DOING and succeeding.

Make a list of things you need to do and a list of things you want to do. Break the list into small bite size bits and do one thing a week/day depending on what it is. 

Making up a list of what you need/want to do (Example): things I need to do: Clean out closets, repaint, get healthy.  Things I want to do: get new career, look prettier, loose weight. 

Then put each item on its own piece of paper and break each item down into manageble steps.  If this is it for one day that is fine... the next day you start the next step.

Anonymous

• Next step. Choose the easiest and quiest to do... closets. Lets say you JUST go through your shoes today. fine. done. CROSS it off... the crossing is important because it is a visual to that accomplishment. If you have time and energy do something more... t-shirts. Fine. done for that day.

Next day. Do another part of the list... go through all your pjs & undies. Ect.

When you feel up to it go to the bigger items... loose weight. Take it ONE thing at a time... cut out soda... do that for a week.
    Next.... cut out chips, cookies... junkie things... do that for a week.
    Next... add 20 min. of walking.

etc.

Anonymous

• Self Esteem comes from DOING and succeeding. As you cross off things from your list and you see your life improving you WILL feel more confident, proud, and find that self esteem.  But it is NOT an over night thing... you have to do a little each day.  But if you make it bite size than EACH day you will see small success leading to your goal.

Anonymous

• YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous

• Take extra time on yourself. I take two hours to get ready in the morning. Excessive I know. But when I leave I feel great!
    Hatsumomo

Answer by Hatsumomo at 3:50 PM on Apr. 1, 2011