Does Weight Watchers work?

I was thinking of trying it to help me lose 20 lbs. Good idea or waste of money?

justlikeheaven

Asked by justlikeheaven at 11:38 PM on Nov. 28, 2008 in Health

• I have tried diet after diet after diet. Sure most of them worked...until I drove myself so crazy I couldn't follow through with it anymore. I did ww for just 1 week before I got pregnant and i lost 3.6lbs in one week. You really have to follow through and you need to go to the meetings. I would recommend the point system rather than the core plan because you are not limited to what you can eat. You can eat whatever you want as long as you have the points for it. 20lbs is nothing you will lose that in no time. Especially going to the meetings and seeing people that have lost 60 or more. You think "wow, if they can do it. I can!" Good luck! I'll be doing it again when we can afford it. It's easy to stick to because it teaches you to eat the right way...whatever you want in moderation and you don't have to deprive yourself of what you like!
    britni11

Answer by britni11 at 11:50 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• It works if you're willing to work at it. My mom lost over 50 pounds in a year doing it...she didn't exercise or anything. But when she went off of it she gained it all back. So if you're going to do it seriously, it really has to be a lifestyle change. It's not a quick fix by any means.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:52 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• the one thing to keep in mind, is most weight watchers wont take you if you are under 150 lbs... but they do work if you want it to work... some diets work for some, and not others... good luck to you... i just walk, and i have been losing weight, granted i have PCOS, so its real hard to lose, but very easy to gain...
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 1:52 AM on Nov. 30, 2008