Constipation?

My son is 5 months old and eats rice cereal and some fruits and veggies and breastmilk. I just started to try giving him some water to help out, but won't drink from the bottle. What can I do for him, other than prunes........

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:42 PM on Nov. 28, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• if its globby poop that is constipation... i give my son warm water. If your son wont take it in bottle form, try putting it in a dropper. I keep an old mylicon bottle and use the dropper from that... if you make your own baby food, and have the apple and pear water left over that helps as well...

sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 12:44 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• r u sure he is constipated?
    VictinaG

Answer by VictinaG at 11:43 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• my son only poops 2 times a week
    VictinaG

Answer by VictinaG at 11:44 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• babies dont need water. not until they are about 1 or so
    lonelymommyof2

Answer by lonelymommyof2 at 11:50 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• Instead of adding to his diet, cut out the binding foods. Infant cereals can be very binding. Your milk is what he needs right now, not the rest of it. Cut it out, nurse as often as he wants and give his body a chance to regulate itself naturally. No juices, no water, no corn syrups, etc.
    jaycee1124

Answer by jaycee1124 at 11:53 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• raisins, just make sure you cut them in quarters. I would also try the sippy cup with water. Just keep breastfeeding. More liquids should help. Is there blood on his stools? Or do you see that he is having a hard time with his BM?
    Alma_C

Answer by Alma_C at 11:55 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• try distilled water and karo syrup
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:39 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• my son goes to a gastrinologist or however you spell it anyways if he is that backed up you can always do a warm milk and molesess enema go to like rite aid and get the baby enema bottle dump it out and then fill it with depending on how big your baby is about 2ounces molesses and 1 warm milk shake it up really good then give it to him put his diaper back on and wait a while it should all come right out....if you have any questions his doctor could tell you more about it its really easy I have to do it all the time lol poor lil guys
    soldierswife11

Answer by soldierswife11 at 2:13 AM on Nov. 29, 2008