How long before I see a result going tanning?

I am fair skinned and I just started going yesterday. How many times a week should I go and how long before I should start to be able to notice a difference?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:19 PM on Apr. 1, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• go every other day. you should notice a result in about a week and a half. don't stay in too long and i always wear an spf 15 when i tan so i don't end up wrinkled at 30. i still get a great tan with the spf, i just don't get the awful side effects, like wrinkles and age spots. i've been tanning for 2 years. once you hit your desired color then go once a week
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 2:31 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I am fair skinned and there is NO way I could go every other day.... unless I'd only do it for 8 min each!
    I did it last year for my wedding. I went 2ce a week. I started out at 9 min. I did that 2ce, then bumped it up to 11 min.
    Your body will tell you what is right for you.... listen to it
    MrsDAP

Answer by MrsDAP at 2:41 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• You should only go every other day, but keep to the prescribed time limits. You don't want to burn that skin of yours. If you want results faster, use a bronzer. My favorite is the Ambrosia tanning lotion or the Caribbean Beach Bum (or Rum, I can never remember). They both smell amazing. The Ambrosia smells like banana's and the Caribbean one smells like the beach (obviously) and has these really pretty sparkles in it. Also, make sure that you moisturize later in the day to keep that skin nice and fresh!
    crystac

Answer by crystac at 10:40 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I am a Hispanic with very light skin and I saw a change in my tan after about the first 5 sessions
    MexTexmom2

Answer by MexTexmom2 at 5:43 PM on Apr. 6, 2011