Has anyone lost a best friend or any one close that u miss so much? adult content

when i was 15 i met my friend troy, yes he was older than me. we met on Fourth of July at a beach. we played volleyball, he sat with me and watched fireworks until his buddy called him and said they have a boat that they can watch. I couldn't go on it though. but before he left we exchanged cell numbers, and i thought he would never call me. well i went to bed and i woke up with 10 text messages and 3 missed calls. I called him back and we became really close, i could tell him anything and he always listened to me and gave me advice.
One day he called me up and i could tell something was wrong, he said i have tickets to go to a band for ur birthday. I said ok. Then 3 days on Mach 20 he called me up and said calling to say Happy early birthday. I knew some thing was up. next thing i knew i heard a shot, i called his name, his twin brother Trey came to the phone and said sry got to call an ambulance, at this point i was scared. He called me back and said troy is gone.
Well any way he killed himself while i was on the phone with him.
I miss him so much that there a days that i regret, like not going to his funeral and not saying good bye to him. I didn't want to deal with the pain of it no more i stopped talking to his brother and family. and now i wish i didn't i miss him more than ever.
Is there any way of coping with this it has been since i was 16, and now i am 22, and seems like i miss him more now than i did back then. I have been talking about him, looking at pics where we met.

2boysyahoo.com

Asked by 2boysyahoo.com at 2:23 PM on Apr. 1, 2011 in Relationships

• Call the suicide help line and find out where there is a freinds & family group. That's a pretty heavy burden to carry alone.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 2:30 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Oh my gosh!!! that was so unfair what he did. Why the hell was his twin brother there?
    Yes my best friend's boyfriend was killed when we were teenagers. It has been 21 yrs and even though we are many miles apart and have not seen each other for 20 yrs she still contacted me and was hurting about it. I had another friend kill himself. He and I were not very close but we were still friends..we spent some time talking once just about a lot of personal things and after that I had felt a connection to him...it hurt me for a long time after he killed himself because right before it had happened he had tried to talk to me and i was not available to him...:(.
    Anonymous

• Some times are harder than other in a case like this. Like me, I lost my mom over a year ago to cancer. Her birthday is coming up this month, so it's rough for me right now. Have you tried counseling?
    Anonymous