Is it really that dangerous to reside in Japan?

If it is... then shouldnt they all be evacuated?

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 2:24 PM on Apr. 1, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• It would be pertty hard to evacuate an enitre country, don't you think?
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 2:26 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I'm not sure about dangerous but likely uncomfortable for those in the disaster zone.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 2:28 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I wouldn't live there at this particular moment. Then again, I couldn't live there since most dependents got sent back to the states.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 2:42 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I heard on the news this morning that the Japanese gov't is questioning some of the readings. They are questioning the radiation amounts. They don't think they even have instruments that measure "10,000 times" the normal. They worry there are people putting out information with an agenda. Just go help. Don't hurt them more.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 5:19 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I would say the most safe places to be are, Osaka and Okinawa...
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 6:36 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Ohh and I think Tokyo MIGHT be safe.... But there are too many questions and not enough concrete data to confirm as 100% safe.. Evacuated?? To where? Japan a series of Islands the size of Montana... It's not that easy.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 6:37 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• My sister is there and has decided to stay. She claims that its just not that bad over there.
    35yoamom

Comment by 35yoamom (original poster) at 9:33 AM on Apr. 3, 2011