Is your child going to prom?

My daughter is going with a good friend (they dated for a few months but they were really only friends) He is my older daughters best friend and her prom date 2 years ago.
Most of her close friends arent going and honestly she wouldnt care if she wasn't going , but, her words, "I got a dress and a date..why not?"

She is wearing a fabulous orangy princess gown that we bought for a show choir number that was only onstage for 5 minutes (she was Giselle for a music of the movies medley)

Her prom is in 2 weeks and

pammomof9

Asked by pammomof9 at 2:42 PM on Apr. 1, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• I think mine is. I havent gotten to official "go" yet. My sons 17 and a Junior. His gf is very nice but her family is very conservative. She is active in church and they are really weird about things like prom, dating etc. I am waiting on her parents to get back with me to let me know yes or no. It seems like a yes though. My son says he doesnt care if he goes or not, but I know he does. He has been talking about it since last year. I know he loves his gf though and if he had to wait until next year when shes 18 he would be fine with it. I do hope they get to go though. She is going to El Salvador to be a missionary (dont laugh Im serious) this summer & I think she would have so much fun before dedicating her summer like she is to the church.

Answer by gemgem at 2:51 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I doubt it... she is a sophomore.

Anonymous

• I wonder what I was thinking when I wrote and ...dd was talking to me (she was having an allergy attack this morning so stayed home)
    pammomof9

Comment by pammomof9 (original poster) at 2:51 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I'm not laughing Gem, my daughter spent a summer doing missions in El Salvador when she was 14, it changed her life.
    pammomof9

Comment by pammomof9 (original poster) at 2:52 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I know some people make fun though. Shes a super sweet girl. We love her.

Answer by gemgem at 2:54 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• No. My daughter would never go to an event like that and my son has too many detentions for tardiness. He wouldn't get a date anyway.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 5:59 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• The only one I have old enough to go would rather stay at home playing Halo.
    blainesgirl

Answer by blainesgirl at 3:48 PM on Apr. 4, 2011