I packed baby's bag for the hospital..

i packed three outfits, three sleepers, receiving blankets, wipes, mittens, shoes, socks, bows, first grooming kit and petroleum jelly.
is there anything else i should pack for her?
i know the hospital gives her stuff but i want her to look cute when visitors come.

xLeeAnnex

Asked by xLeeAnnex at 2:44 PM on Apr. 1, 2011 in Pregnancy

• In the hospital they actually prefer they stay in the little onesie so they can be examined easier. One outfit for when you have people visit is enough. The hats they give are silly so you might want to bring one of those to match the outfit. I would be more concerned about packing for yourself. Get yourself some nice comfy pajamas that are bigger than what you wore before you were pregnant but smaller than your maternity stuff that you are ok with being photographed in and will be comfy, your own pillow which helped me rest and get comfy to snuggle with my new little guy, slippers and bathrobe and all the things you can't do without. The quality of diapers they give you is not always good so I would bring those and wipes. Don't forget the camera!
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 3:50 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• smell good baby lotion
    camara!&battery charger for camara!
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 2:47 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• She'll be tightly swaddled pretty much the entire time.. I wouldn't worry too much about how she's dressed. She's a baby! She's beautiful regardless of what she is wearing.. I didn't pack a thing for mine, and we were perfectly fine.
    jonahsmom1

Answer by jonahsmom1 at 2:47 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• All you need is an outfit to go home in. Your baby will look cute in the onesie they put her in. They have wipes and receiving blankets there.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:49 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• hats?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:45 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• diapers , all though they will give u some .
    damionsmommy2

Answer by damionsmommy2 at 2:46 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I honestly think you don't need three different outfits. they will think the baby is cute regardless of what you put her in. make sure you have plenty of diapers and wipes. and formula if you're going to use it. or stuff to BF with, if you're going to BF.
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 2:47 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I agree with mompam, if it is a regular delivery all you need is a take home outfit. You will only be in for 2-3 nights & that is including the time it takes to deliver the baby. It's not like you will be entertaining friends & family all day & night. The baby will be swaddled (they provide the blanket) & they provide a hat too. Forget everything else except what you need for you & baby wipes maybe. You'll need your rest and I wouldn't have too many visitors anyway near/holding the newborn for a while anyway.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:58 PM on Apr. 1, 2011