DOES easter make your think about

forgiveness?? IT DOES ME! does it do this to anyone else?

Rydersmommy616

Asked by Rydersmommy616 at 2:50 PM on Apr. 1, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Cadbury eggs! Yum
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 2:51 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Nope, but my faith has a very different outlook on forgiveness to begin with.

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:56 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• (quote: 8Tinkerboo8) Cadbury eggs! Yum
    ---------------
    No kidding! That's the first thing I think about when it gets close to Easter, too! :)

I think about forgiveness when there's a need to forgive someone. Just like I think about being kind and giving throughout the year, not just at Christmas. That's the nice thing about being an atheist... rarely are my good deeds influenced by some holiday calendar.
    Eek_a_Geek

Answer by Eek_a_Geek at 3:00 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• YES!!!
    Sammy1984

Answer by Sammy1984 at 3:01 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Yes I do, this one time of the year when we have a big reconciliation service. NP good article you're right, there are those that think that forgiveness means that people don't have to held accountable for their actions. Not true you still have to do some kind of penance for what you've. Most times I'm sorry just isn't enough. You have to right the wrong.
    daps

Answer by daps at 3:05 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• you've *done* drats
    daps

Answer by daps at 3:06 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• It makes me think about chocolate. big smile mini

beeky

Answer by beeky at 4:57 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Not really. I think about forgiveness often, but not for a specific holiday. It makes me think of spring in general...oh, and chocolate, good idea, beeky. :-D

@NP--that's an interesting article. I agree that many people seem to think forgiveness means no accountability. Some of us do not see it as an either/or choice though. I don't think forgiveness and accountability are necessarily mutually exclusive. You can forgive people and have compassion for them, but still hold them accountable for their actions within society. I actually believe forgiveness is most important for our own mental and physical well-being because hanging onto hate and anger is not healthy for us. Very interesting blog though. It makes some interesting points--I agree that accountability and personal responsibility are important as well.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 5:21 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Nope. It makes me think about the kids wanting to hunt eggs and eat candy all day.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:32 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Ummm, no:) It makes me think of spring and the rebirth of the earth and how we can see her awakening in all of her beautiful colors. It reminds me to care for the earth and I can't wait to get my hands into that cool, fresh soil!
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 7:59 PM on Apr. 1, 2011