Migraine in 8 year old

It looks like the crappy migraine gene was not kind enough to skip DS, but of all the rest of us in the family who've had them, none of us started this young. My main concern right now is his teacher - he tried to go to the nurse and she didn't let him (I'm guessing because it was so close to time to go home). I know how hard it is to get someone who has never had one to understand how bad it is. If you have a young child who has them, how do you deal with the school?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 2:51 PM on Apr. 1, 2011 in Kids' Health

• you need to get in touch with the teacher and explain the situation to her. Do the same with the nurse.
    ElenaC419

Answer by ElenaC419 at 2:56 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• no advice on school but possible cause

my daughter can not have artifical food dyes made from coal tar = LAKE DYES
    since taking red #40 out of her diet

i did not have a migraine for 5 months,then did experiment, ate food with red 40 for a few days, i then got 2.5 day headache, used to get these quite often...no other research for me

no red #40 in what i consume = no migraines

hope this info helps one person avoid migraines

NO RED #40 IN FOOD!!!
    google it
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 3:04 PM on Apr. 1, 2011