Baptism question...

My children and I are going to be baptized in a private ceremony. We will all be dressed up, but do we have to wear white? Or is just anything nice ok?? I am not sure...thank you for your help!

khedy

Asked by khedy at 2:59 PM on Apr. 1, 2011 in General Parenting

• I don't think white is 'required', but then again I'm the type of person who believes that God doesn't care what you wear, but more of the type of person you are.
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 3:00 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I would ask the person who is going to be baptizing you for a wardrobe idea, but I really think anything is fine :) Congratulations btw :)
    alphamom26

Answer by alphamom26 at 3:02 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• i dont think that u have to wear white! It doesnt say anywhere in bible that u have to where white to be baptized. good luck and god bless
    noel1988

Answer by noel1988 at 3:04 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I don't think that you have to wear white. Congratulations and good luck. :-)
    alf2651

Answer by alf2651 at 3:18 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• No you don't have to wear white.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 3:44 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• When I was baptised it was in a river at our church's annual picnic I had on shorts and a tshirt...nothing special at all...what does it matter what you wear? God sure doesn't care!!!!!
    MamaCortney

Answer by MamaCortney at 4:07 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• White is traditional, but I don't think it's required.
    1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 6:01 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• White is a nice color... a sign of purity. but if you dont have to dress them in white.
    dfwhite

Answer by dfwhite at 9:55 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Congratulations
    Crissy9832

Answer by Crissy9832 at 11:02 AM on Apr. 2, 2011