I have 11 month old and a baby due 2 weeks after his first birthday. I'm worried about how I'm going to sit in a chair and breastfeed the baby while having the toddler pulling at my pant leg all the time. Is there a harness or sling that anyone can suggest where I can comfortably feed her while walking around the house?

looking for a good sling or harness to breastfeed a newborn while chasing a one year old around the house.

amirabal

Asked by amirabal at 9:58 PM on Jul. 9, 2008 in About CafeMom

• I have a babySlingPro baby sling I never used and is still new in the original shipping package! paid $32.95 It is a medium size.. They say go buy your shirt size.. But if your interest make an offer! Good luck!
    emturner

Answer by emturner at 10:03 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• Yes! I had one that I made. It was really easy. Just one long strip of fabric that you wrap around yourself and cross over your shoulders. It works really well when the baby is larger though and is excellent for wearing a baby for a long period of time (the weight is on both of your shoulders so it's not as bad).

For feeding newborns I used a Maya sling...or rather one I made that was just like theirs. Again really simple.

Here's a link for maya slings.
    http://www.mayawrap.com/

If you want I can try and see if I can find the link for the other type of sling. I don't remember what it was called but I'm sure if I surf a bit I can find it.
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 10:06 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• I think the best is Wrap'n Wear. They show on the DVD how use it. It is so easy to breast feed in. I am a mom of 2 boys with a little girl on the way. I cannot live with out mine.
    aj_sahm

Answer by aj_sahm at 5:51 PM on Aug. 11, 2008