What would you do? adult content

I have taken my youngest son Connor (who's 2months 3weeks and 6days old and came a month early) to the hospital on two other occasions besides last night & they kept treating him & doing chest x-rays & tests just to tell me he's fine he just got a really bad cold then the second time its bronchitis then last night its phenomena...I have followed every instruction that the doctors have given me and then of course scheduling ever follow with my son's doctor...
if you were kept being told your son's alright he's gonna get better in a month and its been a month and a half and he's only been getting worse and you keep insisting somethings wrong and they keep pushing you aside how pissed would you be?
and what would you do?
im getting a little annoyed with being told he's gonna get better and him not getting better after following all their instructions...

proudmommy_0811

Asked by proudmommy_0811 at 3:25 PM on Apr. 1, 2011 in General Parenting

• Perhaps a 2nd opinion??
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 3:27 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I would definitely be pissed! I would search until I found a doctor/hospital that would do the right tests and let me know what is really going on. Good luck and hope your little one gets better soon.
    tiffanynichols

Answer by tiffanynichols at 3:28 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I've gone to the hospital and my doctors office... where would i go for a second opinion another hospital .... ? just wondering...?
    proudmommy_0811

Comment by proudmommy_0811 (original poster) at 3:28 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I would go to another hospital if you could even if it had to be out of the area.
    vengels05

Answer by vengels05 at 4:09 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• A 2 month old has had bronchitis and now pneumonia and they just sent you home saying "don't worry"? I would be LIVID!!! I'm really hoping there is more to their advice. Do you have a follow-up tomorrow to make sure things are getting better? Is there a Children's Hospital nearby? If so, I would take him to the ER there today for a second opinion and then as for a reference to a pediatrician associated with that Children's Hospital. If there is no special Children's Hospital, take him to the best one around.

Honestly, when my 16 month old had a high fever for 7 days, they insisted on seeing him for 4 of those days to make sure he wasn't getting worse and I also was on the phone with them like 2 times a day just making sure I understood things right. This is the kind of care we should expect.

I hope your baby gets better soon!!
    Sebbiemama

Answer by Sebbiemama at 4:18 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I had my follow up today... they gave me a newer nebulizer and want me back in a week but i just don't think they are doing the best they should for him since its been going on so long :(
    proudmommy_0811

Comment by proudmommy_0811 (original poster) at 4:19 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Are you close to a Children's Hospital? That would be your best bet. I wouldn't go back to the regular hospital tho, that is for sure. I am sorry about your little one tho. I hope things get better for both of you very soon!
    knkinsey

Answer by knkinsey at 6:26 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I am not close to a children's hospital i don't believe im near CDH and Baystate but people are telling me CDH is good and Baystate's a teaching hospital... I just don't know what to do
    proudmommy_0811

Comment by proudmommy_0811 (original poster) at 6:32 PM on Apr. 1, 2011