*UPDATE* Bio Mom and We are expecting!!! New question....

Well it is true, our (soon to be adopted) son's bio mom is pregnant. We offered to raise him or her with her brother (and 2 older siblings with my mother) and she has accepted. Our case worker says the new baby need not ever be in the system.

Does that mean this will be a private adoption? Our son's adoption has been through the county. We have little money...should we get a lawyer right away. I just do not know where to begin.

ochsamom

Asked by ochsamom at 3:25 PM on Apr. 1, 2011 in Adoption

• First congrats! I would call a family lawyer and ask them? Every state is so different so I am not sure what laws would be in your state. I know in our state they have a process in court and it isnt very detailed. You have the TPR & a judge approves the application for adoption.

Answer by gemgem at 3:27 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Congrats! I think it would be considered a private adoption.
    Ms.Maricel

Answer by Ms.Maricel at 3:29 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• yes i would contact a lawyer and find out keep everything legal and detailed as possible!! And Congrats!!
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 3:30 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• CONGRATS!!!

Ask you case worker and go to a free consultation with an attorney to see how to go about everything.
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 1:44 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• That is wonderful news! I'm not sure what you would call it, but you will definitely need a good adoption attorney who can guide you through the process.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 9:48 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• yes it will be considered a private adoption congratulations and good luck
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 5:51 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• Papers still have to be filed with the state. Contact an attorney please.
    TALuke

Answer by TALuke at 12:14 PM on May. 1, 2011