If you could have everything you wanted in a house...what would be your "demands"?

For me:

*Full furnished basement - we have several tornados a year, and plus it would be a great space for the kids to have a toy room/laundry set up

*4 bedrooms - We are pregnant with our third and want at least one more child.

*A large office - both of us work on some level from home, plus I home school, so having a space that could be for work/school would be so awesome.

*2 bathrooms

*Roomy rooms...bedrooms, kitchen, dining room, bathrooms, and DEFINITELY a roomy living room

*Two car garage that is still big enough for LP to have his tools and workspace outside

*And a yard just big enough to give the kids some room and have backyard BBQs, without being a lot to maintain.

A GIRL CAN DREAM!! LOL

Mom-2-3-Girlz

Asked by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 3:33 PM on Apr. 1, 2011 in Just for Fun

• A huge kitchen, with all steel appliances. Preferably 5 bedrooms with a daylight basement and an in-law suite. Huge backyard, with a swimming pool and jacuzzi. Nice side yard where I can have a garden. Master bedroom with 2 walk in closets and a garden top in the bathroom with one of those showers where the water comes from the ceiling and where they have those heat plates in the bottom to dry you.
    RainbowMom132

Answer by RainbowMom132 at 3:40 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Sounds beautiful. May your dream come true!
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 3:36 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• It would be more green. We bought a 20 year old house....does that count? lol  It would be more efficient on utilities.  Lots of trees and land.  A huge, bright, kitchen with beautiful hutches to hold my antiques and do dads.  And an art room.

2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 3:38 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• 4 bedroom, split floor plan. A safe room (Tornado shelter). Wood floors. screened in porch

Answer by louise2 at 3:39 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• We are looking at selling the 3 bedroom/2 bath house that we bought before kids, and were just certain we would never need more space than this. LOL. We have been looking around, and talked about building, but we are crammed in like sardines right now. Boo.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Comment by Mom-2-3-Girlz (original poster) at 3:39 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I built my dream house, and it has over 5,000 square feet of space, with pool jacuzzi, and an acre and a quarter of land to roam in.

Answer by older at 3:47 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• 5 bedrooms. Huge kitchen - I mean huge. Lots of specifications there too. 3 bathrooms - plus possibly a 4th or partial, or "mudroom/bathroom" for DH. Office (not totally necessary, but nice). Play room. No bedrooms in the basement. Attatched garage. Central air. No propane - I want electric everything. Plenty of closet/cupboard/storage space. Laundry room - good sized, location doesn't matter too much but if it's in the basement there has to be a laundry chute! Preferably no carpet.
    Anonymous

• Can't forget the massive "yard" - it's in quotes because we want an acreage, so the whole thing would be "yard", whether it's 5 acres, 40, or more. Gotta have my massive garden. A second "canning kitchen" would be a huge plus too!
    Anonymous

• A maid, with her own living quarters!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 3:52 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I am actually getting it because our house to be rebuilt after a fire in Jan.. We had a house with a small bathroom, nice sized living room, small bedroom and a big kitchen downstairs and a loft room and a bedroom you accessed by walking through the loft room. My dream house was a house with a huge bathroom (preferably with a "water closet" for the toilet) and a 1/2 bath & 2 actual bedrooms (no loft room) and a hallway upstairs. My living room is being opened up a little bit, the kitchen is gaining about a foot of space as we are moving the wall back & I'll have an island for extra counter space and the bedroom and bathroom that were across the hallway from the kitchen are now being combined to make 1 very large bathroom (w/a "water closet" in the back part) and the wall will be moved about a foot in to what was once the hallway. Upstairs we'll have a hallway, 2 real bedrooms and a 3/4 bath (sink, shower and toilet).
    Anonymous