I am pregnant and due in augest, but a lady wants to sell me clothes her daughter was born in December will my dd outgorw them before she can wear them/

I put an ad on craisglist for baby clothes because I am pregnant and due in Augest on the 9th, and I have so much to get since I sold all my baby stuff. A lday messaged me and said she would sell me 2 grocery bags of clothes for 20.00 she said her baby was born in december. Would my baby outgrow them before she could wear them if she was born in december and mine is in augest? I don't want to buy them and then my baby not wear them

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:34 PM on Apr. 1, 2011 in Pregnancy

• It depends on the size of her baby and yours
    Sammy1984

Answer by Sammy1984 at 3:36 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• if she doesn't fit them you could always resell them at a consignement shop or get store credit there
    Sammy1984

Answer by Sammy1984 at 3:37 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• You never know. Babies grow at different rates and it's a gamble whether you buy inexpensive clothes off craigslist or new ones from the store. If you buy in advance for babies, there's no guarantee.

Answer by missanc at 3:37 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• h ya I forgot this baby will probably be a little big. My first was 8.1 my second was 8.7 and the doctor says this one is already looking big and I am only 21.5 weeks along
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:38 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• It might be OK, because your child will go into fall clothes in October or so. He will be 2 months. The other baby was 2 months in February. So for a little while it might work. But her baby was in spring clothes at 5 months. At 5 months, your baby will still need winter clothes. If the clothes are very inexpensive it might be worth looking into.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:44 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• No, The seasons/sizes will be off unless you live year round in a warm or cold climate.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:51 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I wouldn't invest in clothes that were that far off in seasons. Also, it's spelled August. (I'm an August birthday, too.) ;-)
    EwansMommy

Answer by EwansMommy at 11:33 PM on Apr. 1, 2011