Can getting sick REALLY impact your cycle?

In January my cycle was very off. I was three full weeks late. The next cycle was normal. Now I am a day late this month. Yeah, I know, not a big deal when it's just one day...but still. It just so happens that both months I was sick during the course of my cycle. Being sick never made an impact before, but what else would cause your cycles to suddenly become irregular? I was always every four weeks down to the day...it's only been the past few months which have been weird. I do not think I am pregnant. Has anyone else done this? Did it regulate itself after awhile? Is there anything natural I can try to help my cycles regulate better? I'm due for my yearly exam coming up anyway, so I will ask then, just looking for feedback in the meantime.

PMS symptoms have also been worse, but no pain or other troubling symptoms.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:51 PM on Apr. 1, 2011 in Health

• It sure can. I don't know if there is anything you can do to regulate yourself except take a hormone based medication, although in some cases it may make your symptoms worse.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 4:01 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Hmmmm...I always heard it could, but it just never had for ME. With that being said, I did have a baby ten months ago...so perhaps my "new" post baby body IS more sensitive to illness??? I believe these are the first two times I was REALLY sick since he's been born, so maybe that is it. Thanks!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:08 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I believe it can
    bcraine

Answer by bcraine at 4:09 PM on Apr. 1, 2011