Does anyone know of any medical transcription companies, that are hiring, or MT positions that are open?

I just recently graduated from Allied Schools Medical Transcription program, with high honors. I am looking for a position or a company that will hire a newbie! Thank you so much!

Cynthia Dobbins

Asked by QueenHaitianMom at 4:07 PM on Apr. 1, 2011 in Money & Work

• In my area..No it's an over flooded market at this point and time in regards to those wanting to work at home/local offices, and many of the companies that solely do medical transcription (that medical offices/hospitals contract with) are outsourcing a large portion of their business (if not all of it) overseas.

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:17 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• As medical offices and hospitals move to EMR (electronic records management), medical billing and transcription jobs are disappearing rapidly.

You need to learn new skills, like bookkeeping.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:30 PM on Apr. 1, 2011