Is it just me?

Is is just me or do you find an alarming rate of obnoxious loud inconsiderate people in movie theaters these days? SO and I have given up even trying to go to a movie because inevitable some asshole feels the need to either talk on cell phone, to friends, text with their screen in our eyes the entire time while sitting next to us and it just isn't worth it given how much movies cost and the fact that neither one of us are willing to just sit and say nothing. It seems epidemic........

8Tinkerboo8

Asked by 8Tinkerboo8 at 4:10 PM on Apr. 1, 2011 in Entertainment

• I think it's always been that way. I scared the shit out of a group or teenage girls a couple years ago because they ALL (6 of them) had their phones on and were right beside us. I was like 17 or 18, got up, leaned over them and told that that were being VERY rude and if they didn't STFU and turn off their phones, I was going to get the manager and have their asses thrown out. They all looked at me with huge eyes and almost at the same time turned off their phones and they got up and left 20 minutes later because I started glaring at them for talking again. I've only been to a theater like 4 times since then, if that, and it actually wasn't that bad (but each of those times we went to a more expensive theater that also had 3D movies, instead of our crappy, tiny, local theater). I think there's 50/50 chance that you'll have a good experience or a bad one. Movies are getting too expensive now, anyway, IMO.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 4:56 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I actually have been pretty lucky when I comes to the times that I went to the movie theaters. No annoying people texting, talking, or just being loud. It also don't go to often so I just might be going on days that they are not there.
    jnb71584

Answer by jnb71584 at 4:50 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• that happened (maybe california) recently with a marine and his wife and all 7 of those teenagers waited outside for them and beat the living shit out of this marine. We've tried asking nicely and handling it tactfully, management at most theaters I've been to could give a shit less - they have their money from all the monkeys so basically they do nothing and teenage kids are obnoxious and WILL jack you up or pull a gun on you these days. 90% every time it happens - no more movies out for us - it just isn't worth the hassle.
    8Tinkerboo8

Comment by 8Tinkerboo8 (original poster) at 5:00 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• No you are NOT the only one that goes thur this when we go it be alot of kids and nine times out of ten they movie hop sooooo yea we have NOT been in a while either cause I tend to say a few words
    benitaapplebomb

Answer by benitaapplebomb at 6:33 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Ha Ha - props to benitaapplebomb! I don't know but I just can't keep my mouth shut anymore - I am so tired of the little smart mouth shits - I start out in a cool - "hey guys - c'mon we are watching a movie here, please stop" and they mouth off, so then we try to ignore it and it usually escalates and they get louder just for spite ..................................I WISH when I speak up that people around me would also speak up and say "yeah shut up, we don't want to hear it either" and then other people and then pretty soon you have 15 people standing up telling them all to shut up - like a community shamefest or something. I truly believe that is only way it ever stops or it 20 people march out and demand their money back if management won't maintain a decent environment. I know it's a silly fantasy but why is it so much to expect people to behave like the universe is not centered on them
    8Tinkerboo8

Comment by 8Tinkerboo8 (original poster) at 6:43 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• yes, that happens often (not that I go to a movie that often.) even without the rude people I'd much rather watch at home. it's comfy-er (in pajamas) you can eater better, cheaper food, and stop or rewind when you need a break or missed a line. and use captions to catch all the dialog, too.

autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 11:17 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Yes, it's so out of control. You would think with the rising costs to go to the movies these days no noise pollution would be strictly enforced.
    Liveyourlifeval

Answer by Liveyourlifeval at 11:23 PM on Apr. 5, 2011