More taxpayer dollars wasted?

Top executives at Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac were paid more than $35 million in the past two years while the two bailed-out mortgage finance giants were receiving $153 billion in support from taxpayers.

The huge payouts came to light in a new report published on Thursday by the Federal Housing Finance Agency’s Office of Inspector General.

“Although the Enterprises [Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac] have lost billions of dollars and continue to depend upon federal support to remain in business,” the reported states, “their senior executives continue to receive multi-million dollar salaries.”

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/freddie-mac-fannie-mae/2011/04/01/id/391471

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 4:10 PM on Apr. 1, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I'm afraid, carpy, as the FOIA requests are ordered by the courts to be satisfied, we are going to find out more than we ever could imagine.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 5:12 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I think it's a load of crap that so many people are tossed out of their homes when they can't pay their high mortgages anymore, yet the mortgage companies that are tossing them out and then selling their homes are still getting government hand outs.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 5:37 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Upsherises you need to seek help your hatred of all rich people is scary.
    Anonymous

I agree with ending a lot of the gov't handouts to companies, but what would you have the mortgage companies do? Let the people live there for free if they can't afford those high mortgages?
    DSamuels

Answer by DSamuels at 7:38 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I posted this on another of your post, sorry! lol... IT SEEMS THAT THEY ARE REALLY GOOD AT "PLANNED WASTE" !!!
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 12:24 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Sounds like normal corporate bullshit to me. Banks that failed still paid out billions to executives and continue to do so...that's how rich people operate.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 4:14 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• But we sure don't want to over tax that hard earned money right? 'Cause that's how the uber rich get thier money...by working really hard, not by screwing other people...
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 4:16 PM on Apr. 1, 2011