The Sartorialist blogger tags this woman as a "bigger, curvier girl." What do you think?

I loved that she's a bigger, curvier girl than most of the other bloggers who you see in the press and tend to represent the genre.

The subtle thing she achieves so successfully in these two looks is to complement the sturdy but beautiful shape of her legs with an equally strong shoe. A daintier shoe would be overpowered but these shoes create a beautiful harmony for the lower half of her body.

His follow up ~

Remember, curvy is a body shape, not a weight. To be honest, you can't really see in these photographs most of the curves - chest, stomach, hip - this woman has.

I get emails all the time from self-professed curvy girls who want to see representations of their size on the site. What sucks is that when I try to put a photograph up to talk about these issues, the post is hijacked over the political correctness of the words.

tasches

Asked by tasches at 4:22 PM on Apr. 1, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Huh? She doesn't look bigger at all to me... her legs look maybe a bit shaplier and more toned, but that's it really.
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 4:26 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• eye rollingWhy is she curvy,because she's like a size 8?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:29 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I think she looks healthy and fun. Kind of person who knows how to really enjoy life.
    jaelless

Answer by jaelless at 4:26 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• She's awesome, he's a brainless oger!
    dharmagirl

Answer by dharmagirl at 4:32 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• WTF?
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 5:30 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Huh?
    Peggs11

Answer by Peggs11 at 8:51 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I don't understand why she's tagged as "bigger". She doesn't look big to me.
    myree85

Answer by myree85 at 12:11 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• She is labeled as ''bigger'' and ''curvy'' because she is not a size -5.
    ZBandMom

Answer by ZBandMom at 2:12 AM on Apr. 2, 2011