Chronic hives and swollen lymph nodes (but not when pregnant)

I have been getting itchy hives on my upper body and painful, swollen lymph nodes behind my ears and on the back of my head and neck for around 4 years now. I'm 26. I got breast implants 5 years ago. When I get a patch of hives they will last for a couple of weeks. Same with the lymph nodes. The only things that make the hives and swollen lymph nodes go away are Prednisone or Mederall dose pack. Zyrtec helps the itching. I did not have any hives or swollen lymph nodes the whole time I was pregnant, but they returned a couple of weeks after I delivered. Has anyone experienced something similar? Any idea what it is? I have a feeling it is some sort of autoimmune disorder.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:04 AM on Nov. 29, 2008 in Health

• I have the same problem. I have had chronic hives that occured with swollen lymph nodes along the left side of my neck and collar bone for about 2 and 1/2 months. The only thing that makes the hives go away is zyrtec but I still sometimes get a red rash on my skin with no itching and hives even though I have taken the zyrtec. I have not ben able to make my lymph node swelling go down yet even with prednizone. I have no definate answer what the problem is but have been to an allergist. Have you found any answers?
    mistymarie123

Answer by mistymarie123 at 11:07 PM on Feb. 27, 2009