Mom's New House - No meanness please, just empathy

Ok so my mom retires, moves to my town and builds a new house, her dream home. She won't let my youngest child (5, sweet, well behaved) in her home "until she gets settled, eventually, everything is so new"

Has this EVER happened to anyone else????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:30 PM on Apr. 1, 2011 in Relationships

• Nope, my mom is sane.
    Anonymous

• no, my mom hasnt done that.
    I'd say..thats your moms loss, not having her granddaughter to enjoy her dream home with ... :(
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 4:32 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I can't even imagine!!!! I am very very sorry for you! That breaks my heart.. I mean seriously? Geeze, so sad!
    JenzAmomOf2

Answer by JenzAmomOf2 at 4:33 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I must say, that is kind of odd. What do you think it is? She doesn't want scratches on the walls or something? I wonder what she thinks your child is going to do? I'm sorry...just honor her wishes and let it go. It's not very nice and probably she'll regret it later but...
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 4:33 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Can't say as I've ever heard that. Hopefully she'll soon realize it's more important to have her family around her than "things." Hope it all works out soon.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 4:33 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Oh, my sister doesn't like to have us over becuase she thinks my kids are too loud and messy. :( Meanwhile, it is okay for her son to come to my house and throw trash everywhere. ??
    Anonymous

• I'm my so sorry dear. I bet that really hurts your feelings.
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 4:34 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• gosh that sounds so like my mom. She acts like everything she owns can not be replaced if an accident was to happen......little does she know none of it will go with her and I will get it all in the end, I'm not sounding mean but that's what her will says. Mine was the same when they were little I finally just told her if she wanted to see them she could come to my house, my kids are 26,23,and 17 and they still do not like going over to her house. She made them that way and always wonders why they don't wanna come it was her fault not mine so don't let it bother you............Unfortunately she is the one that will wish her things were not more precious to her than her grand kids
    buttonlts

Answer by buttonlts at 4:36 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Well, mom, since we can't visit you in your house, I do hope you come to visit at our house. You know we love you and want to spend time with you. And I hope you let us see your new house soon.
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 4:42 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• O.P. Oh yeah she's been to my house once since March 1st and is 5 mins away. She doesnt like the dogs....
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:50 PM on Apr. 1, 2011