Wisdom Teeth

Who still has theirs and who doesn't? How many do you all have? Mine have been trying to come in for the last few years. My bottom right one has been hurting the last few days. Pretty badly. I have all four. I really don't want to have them taken out, but it might be necessary since I'm having all this pain.... How was the pain when yours came in?

CollinsMommy729

Asked by CollinsMommy729 at 4:33 PM on Apr. 1, 2011 in Health

• Had all 4 of mine removed a few years back and it wasnt bad at all. The pain is very managable and you feel back to normal within a couple days.. My husband had his removed and of course men are babies and he acted like a baby for about a week and then he was fine.
    crgarcia294

Answer by crgarcia294 at 4:39 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I had all of mine removed in 2002. Mine were so swollen, it was affecting my hearing. Wasn't that bad. The worst part was I got a dry socket, and had to go back in to have it packed. Other than that, I had no problems,and the pain wasn't that bad. In fact, a week later, I went to my son's graduation in Dallas.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 4:35 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I had all mine extracted when I was 19 and in college. None had come in yet, but there was no room for them. I have a small mouth with big teeth already. Plus two were growing at an angle.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 4:35 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Mine were painful for years before they finally came in all the way, but I still have all four and they haven't been a problem since I was about 23. I'm 45 now.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 4:35 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I had no problem with them coming in or with having them taken out. My mouth was big enough to accommodate them, but they started to become riddled with cavities. My dentist recommended having them taken out. I had all 4 removed at once on a Thursday and on Friday I left for a weekend trip. No pain and minimal swelling.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 4:38 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I didn't have mine removed untio I was 50. They never broke the skin and were sideways. Needelss to say, the rest of my teeth are crooked, overlapped. I had all 4 taken out a few years ago. Had to eat with a baby spoon for a couple of weeks (lol) but it was worth it. One of the teeth got infected once a year. Very painful. Wish I had done it when I was young.
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 4:46 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I don't have any-- mine are 4 of the 6 teeth that are missing. (missing teeth is a genetic thing that I got from my dad)
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 4:52 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I am 22. I've dealt with the pain before, but this time around just seems to be worse! It hurts when I smile because my cheek rubs against it. :/
    CollinsMommy729

Comment by CollinsMommy729 (original poster) at 4:39 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Oh wow, Kim...!! My teeth are almost perfectly straight and it seems like I have room for them...
    CollinsMommy729

Comment by CollinsMommy729 (original poster) at 4:47 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• i still have them, migth have to have them removed eventually but so far they do not bother me.
    sodapple

Answer by sodapple at 8:16 PM on Apr. 1, 2011