Dumbest politicians

http://www.thedailybeast.com/galleries/2762/1/

Not a question but since it is a current events of idjits I thought I'd share.

CHarlan

Asked by CHarlan at 4:38 PM on Apr. 1, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• In the 70's, it wasn't the swine flu, it was encephalitis

Didn't watch the video but in the late 70's there was a swine flu epidemic. I remember being a candy striper in high school and helping with the flu shots for swine flu.

The 1976 swine flu outbreak, also known as the swine flu fiasco,[1] or the swine flu debacle, was a strain of H1N1 influenza virus that appeared in 1976. Infections were only detected from January 19 to February 9, and were not found outside Fort Dix.[2] The outbreak is most remembered for the mass immunization that it prompted in the United States. The strain itself killed one person and hospitalized 13.[citation needed] However, side-effects from the vaccine caused five hundred cases of Guillain–Barré syndrome and 25 deaths.[3][4]
    DSamuels

Answer by DSamuels at 8:37 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Okay, went and looked at the link. She was 1/2 right. There was Swine Flu in 1976, but Gerald Ford was the president. It was the year Carter was elected tho.
    DSamuels

Answer by DSamuels at 8:39 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• In the 70's, it wasn't the swine flu, it was encephalitis. Bachman may have gotten the disease wrong, but the outbreak correct. We lost, in our neighborhood, several horses. There was at least 1 death in my town. 

http://www.wbu.com/chipperwoods/photos/encephalitis.htm

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 5:02 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Show me a smart one.
    Anonymous

• The strain itself killed one person and hospitalized 13.[citation needed] However, side-effects from the vaccine caused five hundred cases of Guillain–Barré syndrome and 25 deaths.[3][4]
    ________________________________
    These facts are under dispute, by the way. The syndrome was not caused by the flu shot according to most scientists.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 9:57 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I know! I know! Pick me!
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 7:20 PM on Apr. 1, 2011