getting my 11 week old to sleep?

what time should you put an 11 week old baby girl down for the night? when she wakes up hungry do you feed her in the crib? if she is still awake and cries even after you feed her do you take her out of the crib to try and burp her or console her? what if she just won't go back to sleep after an hour of leaving her in the crib wide awake...do you take her out? thanks...i'm finding this site very helpful..

Elisa2k8

Asked by Elisa2k8 at 10:11 PM on Jul. 9, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Oh my.. it's been a long time, but I do have a recent grandbaby... I always went by this.. If you've fed, burped, changed, and consoled her and she still cries, lay her in the crib.. if she lays there awake, that's great.. but, if she cries, laying her in the crib and leaving the room is a safe method for both you and baby.. as this time can be stressing on you both.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 1:22 AM on Jul. 10, 2008

• This is too little for crying-it-out so you should respond to her crys. When she wakes, comfort her. Change her diaper, feed her, rock her. If you've checked everything and she is still crying, then it's OK to leave her and try to go back to sleep yourself. If you keep trying, you will just stimulate her and she may end up with her days and nights reversed.

As for a good bedtime, it really varies until after 6 months or so. I found this site helpful: http://www.familysleep.com/2-months-to-3-months.html
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:24 PM on Jul. 10, 2008