How many of you think its just gas, when a baby smiles?!?!

I dont think it is... but.... I know they cant tell what it is they are doing, yet it just so gosh darn cute!!!!! my 12 day old baby girl does it, mostly when i talk to her

mommyoftristan

Asked by mommyoftristan at 5:06 PM on Apr. 1, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I totally don't think it's gas. The doctor told me that one time. I just asked him if he smiled when he had gas! LOL. He had to laugh at that one. I think we have the ability to be amused from day one, myself.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 5:11 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I thought it was gas sometimes, but not always. For example, when I would make funny faces at DD while holding her and she smiled, I didn't think it was gas.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 5:13 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I think as parents we can tell the difference. My little man started smiling and meaning it when he about 5-6 weeks old. That's when I knew it was for real and not just gas. It is awesome!!
    Kelli1012

Answer by Kelli1012 at 5:23 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I don't think it's gas, they smile because they are hearing your voice and feeling comforted!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 5:26 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• IDK if she doesn't fart soon afterward (you'll know cause the diaper gets warm) then she is smiling cause she likes what she see's or hears. She loves the sound of your voice cause you're the mommy. enjoy those early smiles so you can remeber them when she's 16 and calling you an idiot!
    Audrice1985

Answer by Audrice1985 at 7:30 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• It could be, but I dont think that's the only reason why. My 6 month old DD smiles every time I smile!
    JustCantWait88

Answer by JustCantWait88 at 4:50 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• it depends, sometimes they smile just because it's just a new muscle, sometimes it's gas.. and sometimes they learn early. :)
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 7:54 PM on Apr. 2, 2011