Should I go to Hawaii with my family (that didnt invite me) or not?

I'm 30something my bro and sis are almost 50something. they have never liked me. we are like two separate families. They think i have always been spoiled
My bro and sis live in the same city. We speak maybe once a yr. My dad HATED how they treated me. He died and my mom is a pushover and will not ever admit when they do something passive aggressive against me or my kids.
Anyways.....last summer on a family reunion, we were at a restaurant eating breakfast when two of my cousins started talking to my bro about Hawaii. He said, "here, i brought this for ya to look at" and whipped out a Hawaii condo brochure. I just looked at my mom and raised my eyebrows. I kept listening. My bro had invited my sis and her husband, my mom and a few of my cousins (that were close to my sister) to all go to Hawaii. He had paid for it all, except the cousins. but wow, i thought. my mom said she was sorry he didnt invite me and she didnt tell me about it because she felt bad. she claims that he didnt ask me because it was too expensive (umm, money is NOT a problem)
fast forward to this yr. I WANNA go to Hawaii!!!! I told my mom i wanted to go. she said i could stay for free with her in the condo my bro rented for her. she mentioned to my bro i wanted to go and he said "well shes paying for it herself then"! i called my bro and left a voicemail that i was upset and hurt he didnt invite me but that i wanted to go and hang with mom. he texted me back and said,,,"DONT bring your kids". how nice. anyways...i have some extra money, my kids will be in camp while i go and i cannot press "purchase" on the airline ticket site. i called my mom to tell her i couldnt go. she begged me and offered to pay half my airfare!!!
what do i dooooo??????????help! should i go?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:10 PM on Apr. 1, 2011 in Relationships

• Umm I wouldn't go somewhere I wasn't invited/wanted I don't think that would be fun at all for me, I would be really uncomfortable and everyone else would probably be annoyed for having their party crashed. Why don't you save up and go with your own fam later
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 5:18 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• This is just me but I wouldn't. I wouldn't feel right going on a planned trip that I wasn't invited to go on, even if my mom begged me to go. How much fun would you have with all the tension?
    nmmama09

Answer by nmmama09 at 5:18 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I would not go. The second my brother would have told me not to bring my kid I would be pissed beyond belief. So sorry your family sounds like they are horrible to you. Hugs dear.
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 5:21 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I would not go your brother sounds like a real tool. Shame on your mother for not sticking up for you and letting them treat you that way. No way I would go.
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 5:44 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I would not want to go and be around people who treated me like dirt. Your mom should be ashamed to not stand up for you.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 6:38 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• The more I've thought about this while cooking dinner the more I think that you deserve to be around people that value you, love you and adore you and adore your children just as much. It is there loss girl, not yours.
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 7:20 PM on Apr. 1, 2011