What could cost Obama a second term?

Good article for you political pundits ~

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2011/04/what-could-cost-obama-a-second-term/73355/

Contrary to what many pundits and partisans might have you believe, a Democratic president rarely loses a reelection race. Only once in the past 120 years has a president from that party who sought a second term lost. And that was Jimmy Carter in 1980. Thus, the odds heavily favor President Obama if he decides to run again--and all signs point that he will.

So what combination of factors in this complex system of politics must come together to cause a catastrophe for Obama politically that would result in his defeat?

tasches

Asked by tasches at 5:15 PM on Apr. 1, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• And that was Jimmy Carter in 1980

The one to whom Obama is most similar.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:18 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Well, I guess it is time to add another name to the column of 1 term democratic presidents. I'm all for trying something new.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 5:24 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• What could cost Obama a second term?

Running in the Presidential Race in 2012!
    Anonymous

• I think campaign ads like this one played frequently will affect his chances!! LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIA5aszzA18

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:23 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I read earlier that no other president since Roosevelt has won reelection with unemployment rate this high.
    CHarlan

Answer by CHarlan at 6:19 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Whatever it is, sign me up!
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 6:30 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I also read he wants to raise taxes on oil to slow down the use and to spend the money on alternatives. Make us more "conscious" of our use. Never mind we don't get a free ride to work, if we're luck enough to have work. BUT I did read it on the net sooo....
    CHarlan

Answer by CHarlan at 6:26 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• don't see Obama being re-elected unless he cheats ..otherwise IF he wins.. then we really do have too many ignorant Americans.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 7:53 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• don't see Obama being re-elected unless he cheats

What's to stop him from doing it this time? After all, that's how he got "elected" last time. It was bought and paid for!
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 8:59 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Whatever it is, sign me up!

▲▲▲
    THIS
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 12:20 AM on Apr. 2, 2011