Does anyone have GAD?

General anxiety disorder. I definitely have it. I have an a appt next week.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:18 PM on Apr. 1, 2011 in Health

• I have a severe anxiety disorder. Cognitive behavioral therapy worked for me. I do not take Valiums or any drugs for it or for my PTSD. I function well and hold a good job. You dont have to be on downers for it. Or anti depressants like some therapists will try. You just need to re train the brain and mind to know when it's coming on and head it off before it gets out of hand. Ask about Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for it. Its not an overnight fix, but trust me. It REALLY works.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 5:23 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I have SGAD, PTSD, and separation anxiety. All three have gotten worse since I had my daughter 7 months ago. I have been in therapy for 7 years. I have been on hundreds of medications and haven't found any that work. Unfortunately, its all about trial and error when it comes to mental health medications. It could take a couple months to a couple years to find the right combo. My advice, stick with it love. Make sure you have a good support group. My family doesn't understand what I am going through. They think I am just being a drama queen. I am glad I have a supportive husband, a good therapist, and a couple friends that understand what I am going through. If you have no one to talk to, you can always find someone on here to talk to. We cafemoms understand. Good luck at your appt love.
    silva_dianne

Answer by silva_dianne at 5:33 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Cymbalta is supposed to be good for GAD.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:39 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• YEP ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    SissyAnn141

Answer by SissyAnn141 at 5:14 AM on Apr. 2, 2011