What can I use can a dry and flakey scalp?

My 1 year has a dry and flakey scalp that just won't go away. I've used grease and mosterizing lotion and nothing helps. The way she be digging in her scalp let's me know that it itches very bad. At first I was thinking it was craddle cap but how long does that last?

Shagara03

Asked by Shagara03 at 5:35 PM on Apr. 1, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Call your doc, but sometimes an old standard like Head and Shoulders or Sebulex can help. You have to be REALLy careful that it does not get into the eyes.

ALso, only wash hair 1 to 2 times a week, any more than that could be over-drying.

Steer clear of "organic" shampoos. The natural ingredients can actually irritate baby skin.

Johnson's head-to-toe is a very gentle hypoallergenic shampoo, and is tolerated much better than other baby brands.

Good luck.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 5:43 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• My son had this, we had to switch to Head and shoulders.. I also don't agree with not washing the hair often, we have to wash my sons hair every other day or it gets worse.. check with your Dr to make sure before you do anything.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:46 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Use white vinegar and let it dry on the hair, then wash with a gentle shampoo. Migtht have to do it a couple of times, but you should notice some difference right away. Like the PP said, don't shampoo too often.
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 5:46 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• call ur doctor they can give you the best advice
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 8:24 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Are you sure she dose not have lice? You may need to see a Skin Specialist for her. It could be cerise's.She could be having a reaction to her hair shampoo.

Glo402813

Answer by Glo402813 at 2:45 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• call your doctor and see what they suggest
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 12:14 PM on Apr. 4, 2011