Has anyone ever had there teen have anger issues with you or anyone in your family?

My 17yr old son has anger issues with me!
I haven't done or said anything to him to make him that way!
But ever since he quit smoking!
He has had anger issues with me!
Like last night! I was in the kitchen getting some medicine because my foot was hurting me really bad so i took some meds in the kitchen.
Than i went to bed for the night! After that my husband told me that we was so mad at our son that he was shaking!
Than today my husband told me what my son was mad about!
So my husband told our son that he needs to get into some counseling!

babyboomer1977

Asked by babyboomer1977 at 5:35 PM on Apr. 1, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• oh boy, I can relate!
    I'm my 18 year old's WORST ENEMY, for no apparent reason!
    so I know what you're going through!
    best of luck
    mommywith4kids

Answer by mommywith4kids at 5:38 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Same here. You don't have to do a thing wrong and you become the brunt of the temper tantrums. After raising three eighteen year olds, I'm ready to friggin' retire. LMAOOOOOOO. Try not to pay him any mind. They snap out of the moods as fast as they enter into them. Wouldn't it be wonderful if you could SKIP over the teens and go right to late 20's? :-)
    Laurieanne42

Answer by Laurieanne42 at 6:03 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• what did you son do that made your DH so mad?
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 5:59 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• My younger DD has definite anger issues. No matter what is wrong, it's always my fault somehow. She was this way as a teen. And, now at 32, still has issues. I just can't help her anymore. She is just like her father (my ex). Everything wrong HAS to be someone else's fault. For years, she blamed her father. Now, for the past 3 years, it's ALL ME! Yet, when you ask her, she can't state specifically WHY! Grrr!
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 6:50 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• My son has anger issues period, part of the ADHD, or I am told! He acts out its very difficult!
    xoYanksGal2xo

Answer by xoYanksGal2xo at 12:52 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• @Yank - Yeah, my twin boys have Acute Genetic ADHD. They are 18 now. But, used to have real issues with anger management. They have come a LONG way thanks to meds, a LOT of talking with me & plain ol' maturity. They remember their "angry" days from the past. And, are open to discussing how much more in control they feel now. It does get better. I have 2 living specimens to prove it. :-)
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 2:03 PM on Apr. 2, 2011