For those of you who use self-tanning lotion....

what brand do you find best? how many times do you apply a day? how long did it take you to notice a difference? how do you apply? how do I keep from getting streaks?

knicole0708

Asked by knicole0708 at 5:40 PM on Apr. 1, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I use Tan Towels. You can use them as often as you want until you get your desired level of tan. They do take a few hours to develop, as with most self tanners. I have never had any streaking with these either. Highly recommend!

KateShesGreat3

Answer by KateShesGreat3 at 9:14 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Band O sole is what I used. You can apply it as much as you want, it takes several hours to develope. and it does NOT turn you the color of an oump a loopa or fake bronze colors.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 5:42 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I'm not huge into self tanner, but I do on occasions use it during the spring if I'm going to be showing any leg (they are so white after winter that they could blind someone). The most important thing that I would recommend when self tanning is to start with a good canvas and by that, I mean that you should exfoliate. You're tanner will go on better, be more even and last longer. Also, make sure that you keep your skin moisturized. It will help keep that tan looking natural and your skin luminous.

crystac

Answer by crystac at 10:20 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I love L'oreal Sublime Bronze. You just have to know how to apply it but it gives a really nice color. If you aren't good at applying it by hand then get a spray one! They are really good for not streaking
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 5:42 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• oh and I apply once a day usually
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 5:43 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• St. Tropez. It's the absolute best self tanner out there.
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 5:50 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I can't remember what mine is.... but I don't really use it anymore. Kind of grossed me out because after using it for a week or so, it was kind of like there was a brown film on my skin that would come off under my fingernails! Ew!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 6:02 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• hempz makes a thc-free self tanning lotion with coq10, the stuff that tightens your skin, and i lovvve it. it's never orange or streaky or fake looking at all... i use it every day and only really need to go tan once every couple weeks.
    shilohsmama425

Answer by shilohsmama425 at 1:47 AM on Apr. 4, 2011